Monday, May 22, 2023

Remembrances of Things Past

 I was travelling on an Amtrak pass in the USA in 1977. I started talking with someone and got off with him as he was travelling to a gathering in Newton, Kansas. I think it had to do with the Rainbow Gathering movement. It was at a big house in the country and it had a Freemason mark on some paving making me wonder if it hadn't been the county poorhouse built by charity. There was a small cemetery with only a few markers near it. I one saw one tombstone that was just marked "Negro Boy'. Meet a guy at the station on my way out who said he was leaving town for good. We talked about punk rock which he didn't like.






AMTRAK station, Newton, Kansas (Erinmcd at English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons)


No comments:

Post a Comment