Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween


Pumpkins on Bridge, Martintown, Ontario

A Halloween Story

Once I was walking through an old part of Guelph that had been the centre of the Italian neighbourhood when there was still a lot of discrimination against them in the 1920s. A door was open to an old apartment building and there was a long wooden staircase that I could see going up inside it to the second floor. I saw something moving at the top of the stairs. It was a baby, floating in the air, bobbing up and down. I took a step forward and two yellow eyes watching me came into view. Another step forward and I saw they belonged to a black Labrador that was wagging its tail at me. It was holding a very realistic doll it its mouth.

 



In Cornwall:

Optimist Halloween party



No comments:

Post a Comment