Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nick Tahou Hots - Home of the Garbage Plate, 1992

Nick Tahou's Hots is the seediest place I have ever been in - it was 24 hour in 1992 but I went there midday so I didn't get the druggie hooker patrons that made the place quite interesting after midnight. It is famous for 'the Garbage Plate', which is pretty much anything you could get in an all-night cafe thrown together:
 The Garbage Plate. I can't remember what was in it, but you can see macaroni salad and home fries. The waiter recommended getting "the full garbage plate experience" so I probably had everything available on it -   cheeseburger, hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tender, fish (haddock), fried ham, grilled cheese, eggs, home fries, French fries, baked beans, and macaroni salad, according to Wikipedia plus mustard onions, and Nick's proprietary hot sauce.
It looks exactly the same today! 320 W. Main Street, Rochester, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment